Hot Topics Breakfasts
6:45am – 8:30am
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
6:45am – 8:30am
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
HTB Co-chairs, J. Peter Gorog, Houghton Cascade Holdings LLC and Tom Mullen, Process Innovations
These highly popular sessions begin with a complimentary continental breakfast followed by peer discussions on the industry’s latest technical/production developments and operating problems. Open to all conference attendees, these breakfast gatherings provide an opportunity for people with similar interests to get together and discuss topics.
Featured IBBC Hot Topic
Value Added Products from Lignin
Wednesday, October 31st
Moderator: R. Daniel Haynes, AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals
To learn more about Lignin advancements and opportunities, attend IBBC's Session 5: Lignin to Whatever on Wednesday, October 31st from 8:30AM - 10:00AM.
There is limited seating and tables are filling up fast. If you are interested in attending this event, sign-up as soon as possible to ensure you get a spot at the table with the topic that most interests you.
Additional PEERS/IBBC Hot Topics
Full topics as of 10/12/18 are indicated with **
• Bleach Plant Scale Control
Moderator: Peter W. Hart, WestRock
Moderator: Mark Lewis, Sustainable Fiber Technologies
• Bleach Plant Optimization: Where to Use the Various Bleaching Chemicals in Bleaching Sequence
Moderator: Brian N. Brogdon, Future Bridge Consulting Services, LLC
• **Black Liquor Firing Techniques - FULL (no more spaces available)
Moderator: Pasi H. Miikkulainen, Andritz
• Overview of APPTI Alliance
Moderator: David Turpin, APPTI
• Tariff Impacts to the Paper Industry
Moderator: Meg Murphy, Felker Brothers
• **Increasing Kiln Reliability - FULL (no more spaces available)
Moderator: Glenn M. Hanson III, Industrial Kiln & Dryer Group
• Reductions Efficiency Measurements
Moderator: Thanh Trung, FITNIR Analyzers Inc.
• **Improving Kraft Pulping/Pulp Yield - FULL (no more spaces available)
Moderator: Hasan Jameel, North Carolina State University
• O2 Delignification Optimization/Benchmarking
Moderator: Tom Mullen, Process Innovations
• Keeping Composure in Difficult Situations
Moderator: Heather Jennings, Probiotic Solutions
• Value Add Products from Lignin
Moderator: R.Daniel Haynes, AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals
• Water Handling (Non-Boiler) Corrosion. It's not always MIC.
Moderator: Sandy Sharp, SharpConsultant