Student Poster Session and Competition
Gain valuable industry input and increase exposure for your project or research in bioenergy and bioproducts. Students interested in presenting should submit an abstract on any of the following topics:
- Supply and Demand of Woody and Non-Woody Biomass
- Collecting, Harvesting, and Preparation of Biomass
- Torrefaction and Wood Pellets
- Thermochemical and Biochemical Conversion Pathways
- Production of High-Value Biochemicals and Bioproducts from Biomass
- Pilot Plant/Technology Demonstration Case Studies
- Techno-Economic and Life Cycle Assessments of Biorefinery Pathways
- Policies & Initiatives for Advancing Biorefinery Projects
Poster abstract submissions are due by June 30, 2018.
Submit abstracts for consideration to Pat Stiede, email@example.com.
Rapid Fire Showcase
Student poster presenters will get 5 minutes to present 5 slides summarizing the research they are currently working on. Attendees interested in the subjects presented can visit the accompanying poster to have a more in-depth conversation. This format offers greater exposure to presenters and gives attendees a snapshot of the wide variety of research being conducted.
PowerPoint presentations should only have five slides:
- Slide 1 - Title Slide: Title of presentation, your name, and your institution/group that you represent.
- Slide 2 - Description of Work: Description of the work you've done (raw material, equipment used, process conditions used).
- Slides 3 and 4 - Results: Graphs and tables that show the results of the work.
- Slide 5 - Conclusion: Three to four bullet points that describe the conclusions you made from the experiment conducted.
All abstract submissions must be received by the deadline to be considered for acceptance. Due to the large number of submissions received, the organizers cannot guarantee that the submission will be accepted.